Monday, November 1, 2010

iForgotThyName

(i)
First time when you came in
To meet jetterson,
I was hiding in the restroom.

Wasn't able to contain the fact
A keralite jobless-job-hunting youth turned whore
visiting jetterson

that too in my apartment.



























(ii)
i was able to hear your sobbs,
even from the restroom.

i deciphered,
beyond sex, you wanted red boiled rice, fish curry
and might be a banana.

and might be an yellow ripen banana.

but jatterson bought you stale chappathees:
and a pint of old port red wine:
to intoxicate you:
and to have you intoxicated:
to eat you alive:
to see you:
to massage ur whole body intoxicated and hot:


my veins were vibrating:
but i didnt have the courage:
to meddle into jettersons room
and buy you boiled rice, fish curry and a banana.
an yellow not so riped but banana.



















(iii)
i thought about a village whore in my hometown premises:
and her daughter who was a friend of mine:
i reckoned she liked me a lot
and used to come to me
though my pappas used to hush her out
as though she was a stray dog.

but still she came.
and whenever she saw, smiled a sad sweetness with dreaming eyes, from distance.
gold.




















(iv)
second time when you came for jetterson
he wasnt there.
myself and phantom only.

you sat very next to phantom.
you guys rubbed shoulders while watching rodies on tv.
and you massaged phantom's legs as though
nothing has changed in the world.

phantom was shocked.
but you were right i felt.
nothing has chagned in the world.

my veins were reverberating:
to meddle into between you and phantom:
and get massaged for ever
and ever.

























(v)
the next time before the day you came
for the menaced phantom,
again i was talking to the match stick boy
who bought four wheeled happiness few beeks before:
he was all set to carry a lady:
a whorest kind of forest.

and you came the time when it rained in june
very close to the heavy rain falls.
without an umbrella
totally washed
you came in.

like a washed water color painting.
your very light, light, sweet whiskers
glittered.
they were very sweet.
match stick boy told me.

my veins enthralled:
they all wished together
to meddle into match stick boy's
car
and i wish to fly with you
to a place where nobody else will come up.

alone. with your whiskers.


























(vi)
the next time you came for match stick boy

He wasnt there
I was alone.

My veins were resonating:
To get into you !

You came to me:
sat next to me:
And smiled.

But nothing I saw in BFs happened.
nothing like that at all.

you kissed my forehead.
and you sobbed again.
tears flew through your whiskers,
like a colorless water drop flowing through a painting:

you cried out loud:
i bought you boiled red rice:
fish curry:
and lemon pickle:



and we smoked
a low brand tobacco beedi:
i made rings:
u made bigger rings:
my rings swallowed your rings:
your rings swallowed mine:
at times they were congruent too.
like those circles of AnB or that of BnA





























(vii)
and you left us.
















(viii)






and i too left us.





























(ix)
what was your name ?

No comments: